This past weekend we went on a road trip to Arizona, Jeremy, Lonya's husband graduated with is masters in Business (Congrats again Jeremy)! It was quite a fun trip. We did a lot of driving but it was well worth it. It was also nice to spend some time with Kelli, Nate and the Boys (we crashed at their house in Gilbert). We arrived on Thursday afternoon and hung out with the Kings(Kelli, Nate, Joey and Carter).
On friday morning we played some more with the Kings(minus Nate) until Lonya Jeremy and Cayden arrived. This was Hudson's first meeting them. He was so cute and did not even cry when they held him :) -He is five months and the dr said he is recognizing the difference between strangers and loved ones.- It was great to see my sissy and her so cute boys. Later we went to the mall to get photos of Hudson and Cayden taken. That was great, though we only made it through one pose. The lady taking the photo kept making a noise that made Cayden cry. But by the time we figured out that the lady scared him it was too late to do any thing about it because Hudson began to cry. So we threw in the towel and just chose out of the pics we had already taken.






Next we picked up Jeremy's dad and headed over to my Nannie and Grandpa Gene's house (Hudson's Great grandparents). It was a lot of fun hanging out. And Grandpa Gene, Hudson and I got to go for a drum-stick run in their golf cart. It was just like the good old days when I was a kid. Then we headed home. It was late but not too late. When we got home Nate was just pulling a hot home made pizza out of the oven(thanks Nate the pizza was fantastic). We all slept well that night!
The next morning we went to the graduation it was great, we are so proud of you Jeremy. After that we went to a delicious lunch-in. I ate so many chips salsa and bean dip that I boxed up my dinner and ate it for second dinner :). After that we went back to Lonya and Jeremy's resort and floated around in the lazy river. It was so cute, Jeremy, Logan and Chad had bought Hudson and Cayden blow up jet skis for the lazy river. It was really fun and the boys did great.
I miss just hanging out with the family. It was well needed bonding time. 









Then on Sunday we woke up early to pack and get down to Nannies 9am church (1 hour away). Needless to say we were only 15 min late... It was a lot of fun meeting all of their friends at church. After that we said our good byes to Lonya Jeremy and Cayden as they headed out to visit friends on their way home. The rest of us went back to the Gant household (Nannie and Grandpa Gene's) to spend some more quality time. We left there at about 2:30pm and got home just before 10pm. It was a great trip!!!! Thanks all for a very wonderful time!









4 comments:
Wow, those pictures of the two boys are so cute. You're probably glad you didn't have even more cute ones to choose from! Yea for family!
Thank you so much for the incredible travel log. The boys look so cute together. You will always cherish these pix. Remember the ones you and Lonya took with Larissa and Pam...very memorable.
I am so happy for Jeremy (and Lonya for choosing such a great guy). He stuck with it until he achieved his monumental goal.
What a wonderful family reunion you were able to have.
Connie and Gene look great, too. I wish I could have been there to see them and Lonya, Jeremy, and Cayden. I still need to meet Cayden and not just see his cute pix.
I Love you,
Sherrie
So many babies!! How fun! It looks like you guys had a great trip!
Oh my gosh Lesha the boys are so dang cute!!! I love all the pic's that you posted. I love your mom and dad. I really got to go see them sometime. I live kinda close to them now that i live in Redondo Beach. It would be so great to see them. I will talk to ya later.
Love Ging
Post a Comment