Thursday, August 21, 2008

Freebairn Family Feast and Joust 8/8/2008

We had our first Freebairn Family reunion 8/8/2008 and boy was it a blast. Saturday morning Chad Hudson and I met at the Bounds-Larry, Laura,Lindsy and Logan house to caravan to Las Vegas at 4:50am... We pulled into IHOP's parking lot around 8:30am to have our opening Feast (breakfast). The head of the clan Mr. Grandaddy himself opened the ceremony with a few words.
It was fun to see so many there that morning: The Reeves Krystal, Bryan, Branson, Natalia and soon to come baby Irelynn, The Freebairn's Corey Aimee, Devan, and Muggles(Madelyn), The Loftens Ellen and Lance, The Head Freebairns Grandaddy and Grandma, The Scotts Dave Sharron, Taylor, Devin, Kendel and Tanner. and of cores us The Graves Chad Lesha and Hudson and my fam The Bounds Larry, Laura, Lindsy, Logan and the Elder Bounds poster"Larin." We all just sat around eating and talking.
Krystal Lynn, her own kids,
and lot of her Nieces and Nephews and even one great Nephew (Hudson).
Hudson and Grandaddy
Lesha and Uncle Corey
Aunt Sharron Lindsy and Taylor
Aunt Krystal, cousins, Muggles, Branson Natalia, second cousin Hudson
Hudson attacking his Great Grandaddy

Hudson finally crashed

Next came Volleyball at the Church. It was fun to see all the cars caravan to the church it looked like a funeral percesion. We had some fun playing v-ball some played, some cheered and others cared for the little ones. We added three more to the crew. Leanna Ashley and Austin they drove down from Utah to join the festivities.
Austin and Branson learning young Natalia in back
Lindsy being silly
Aunt Aimee Hudson and Lindsy Hudson is showing off his tired roars!!!

After volleyball we disbursed to various destinations. Most of us ended up at the YMCA pool. It was a lot of fun here. There was an amazing kiddy pool a large pool with a diving area and a swimming area and two fun water slides. I spent some time chatting followed by so kiddy pool action. Then I grabbed Lindsy and my dad and headed to the water slides. I felt like a kid again. After a few slides dad headed back to find mom but Lindsy and I pressed on. We met up with super twister slider Muggles and kept on riding the slides over and over. Chad the super champ dad managed too keep sweet baby Hudson a sleep in the much needed shade. The temp in Vegas was over 100 the whole time we were there.

After the pool we met momenterly at the Reeves residence to carpool down to a great Mexican resturant. At this point Spencer and Antonio joined the fun. And we had another feast. It was so much fun mingling with the family.
Hudson, Lesha, cousin Branson
Cousins Austin and Branson
Lesha, Aunt Ellen, Lindsy (go bananas!)

After dinner we all parted our seperate ways. Chad and I stayed at out friends the Alleman's house. It was fun to see them (thanks again for letting us stay at your house). The next morning we ate some delicious breakfast with the Alleman crew before we headed off to the 9am Freebairn family photo shoot(at Red Rock). This was quite the adventure. We all caravanned there Chad and I were a few minutes late to the hotel but luckily we caught up to the percession line on one of the main streets.

We drove for a while until we ended at a beautiful place called Round rock. There we took some big family shoots up top. Then we had to hike down this pretty steep and windie trail. I was impressed by the whole clan for making it with out any major injury. By the time we all got down much needed water was passed around. Then we took a few more big clan shots followed by individual family shots. It was a lot of fun and everyone looked pretty hot. I can't wait to get the photos.
Hudson loves it when he gets to ride in the back with his mommy and daddy

After pictures we all headed back for another awesome feast at the Reeves residence. Bryan and Krystal the amazing people that they are opened their beautiful house to all 30 of us for the hole weekend. Here we ate a delicious chicken, pasta, ceasar salad and rolls while watching watched Olympic diving. Then we dispursed into all rooms in the Reeves house hold to bond through chatting. It was great to catch up with everyone. It was here that we (my mom and I ) convinced my dad and husband to stay the extra day. It was great to stay longer. So we had spaghetti for dinner and the leftover salad and rolls. Followed by a delicious treat made by Grandma... She made her famious tapioca pudding.

The next morning we got up and drove to Mimi for breakfast. The group was beginning their journey back home. It was such great fun to see all and to rekindle our relationships. I love all thanks for the great memories!!!!
!

4 comments:

Stefanie said...

lesha! your little boy is so darn cute! i cant believe i have only seen him in pictures. next time you come to AZ please call me! we are moving to mesa this saturday, but nate and kelli are not too far from us!

Lindsey Graves said...

I'm glad you updated! Cute little Hudson grows so fast it's hard to keep up!

Sherrie said...

How fun! I love the pix. It's so good to see everyone. Larry and Laura look incredibly young for grandparents. I love the pix of Hudson. He is so cute! Love you, Sherrie

Brian & Krystal said...

I loved all the pictures and the commentary! We had so much fun with you! We can't wait to see you again.