Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Hudson

Here we are before cake.


Here is Hudson's very own cake. I cooked it in a large can it turned out pretty good. I recommend it if you don't have a little cake pan. My mom had the idea of using a can to cook the cake batter in. She made one for Hudson's cousin Cayden who is a month older than him Hudson.


Now, we have been pretty good about not letting Hudson eat treats before his first birthday. So this is his first real experience with sugar...
A spoon...what can I do with a spoon?
Ok guys, I have really had enough.
It was pretty funny. Hudson was pretty docile with the cake. It took him a few minutes to warm up to the new textures and taste. At first he would pick up some frosting with his pincher fingers (thumb & forefinger) and just look at it. Then he started sucking his fingers and he continued to pinch and dip for quite a while. So this is when we gave him a spoon, we wanted to see if he would be more aggressive. He wasn't. He was pretty calm about the whole process. He is such a silly boy. I still can't believe that a year ago he was a tiny little guy that needed help to sustain life. And now he is as big as any other one year old and in some cases he is bigger.
(Hudson has his one year apt on Wednesday, so I will update his stats then)

Here is a little video of Hudson enjoying his cake.

2 comments:

Shumster said...

love the video. Your husband is as mean as mine :) love it!!! Hudson is so cute. Both Makenna and Zane hated their #1 birthday cake. Cried when the frosting was on them. But Jordan Devoured it and loved it. Glad that Hudson was a good sport about it for you guys to get a good laugh.

Stephanie said...

Super cute! Happy birthday Hudson!