Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Potty training...

About three months ago Hudson had show a few signs of being ready to potty train. He had woken up a few times dry and he was always interested in coming in with me when I had to use the restroom.
This is when I decided to give it a go. I figured since I had a good solid 8months before baby was born that it was worth a try. Chad was on board I mean how can you not be when it will save you a few hundred dollars in diaper each morning when he wakes up I put him on the toilet and sure enough he goes both number one and number two( I have only changed a handful of number two's in the past three months). I figured that since I have about 8 solid months before baby two came that I would give it a go and so far so good. I mean it hasn't been easy and he is far from being completely potty trained but he has minimal accidents and his attitude towards the potty is pretty good most of the time. I figure he will hopefully get the concept in a few months and when baby comes we won't have to worry about him as much as now. I am currently taking him to the potty every hour or s and he does a great job about telling me if he has to go number two. It is number one that gets him by surprise some times. When this happens he come to me and says something like "mommy wet, help mommy" I then says "Hudson what happened" he repeats "mommy what happened, Hudson all wet I went pee pee, mommy help." It is pretty hard to keep a straight face sometimes I just have to laugh.

5 comments:

Tamsyn said...

OH my gosh!! How cute is Hudson? That is awesome..it sounds like he is showing a lot of promise and well, he is so cute! Congrats on your upcoming boy #2!!!

Josh, Hayley, and Baby Channing said...

Seriously!! What a doll!! These pictures are too great! What a smart kid! We just love you guys!

Alicia said...

He cracks me up, lol!!!

Lambini said...

wow, those faces...love them. Congrats again beesh, bun in the oven!

Tiffany Odekirk said...

SO cute! We need to get on the ball with potty training too!