The other night, I was given one of these "paydays." We were eating dinner at a friends house and my friend asked her son if he wanted to pray. He declined with a "No," then Hudson looks at her and says, "Hudson say it." She says, "oh do you want to say it," he replies, "yeah!" Then he proceeds to pray,"Heavenly Father thank you for the day, and the food, for friends, park..." Then he kinda pauses and I jump in to help him finish, and that was that.
That night we were kneeling down for family prayer and I say, "Hudson do you want to say the prayer? Why don't you show daddy how you can pray." He looks at me then tightly closes his eyes and tucks his little arms in tight and begins to pray. "Heavenly Father, thank you for the day, mommy and daddy, Meg, Kelsey, Hudson, for the park and friends..." He continues like this for about a minute or so, blessing everyone and everything he had come in contact with that day including his fish, all the park equipment etc... It was was so cute. These are the moments that make being a parent all worth it. I just love Hudson and the progress he has made so far in his life. So any of you parents who think your two year old doesn't get it, think again because they get a lot more than we give them credit for.
3 comments:
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
what a fun moment. What great parents!
So sweet and precious it really is amazing how much their little brain absorbs. Ellie folds her arms for prayer everytime we sit her in her high chair it is so sweet!!
Make me cry! I love this. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment