Monday, November 12, 2007

Joey has a brother


Yep, that's right I am a proud aunt once again. Kelli(Chad's sister) and Nate had their little boy on Monday November 5th at 12:04 pm. His name is Carter Bryan King and he weighed in at 6lbs8oz and 20 inches long. We are all very excited about the arrival of this new addition to the family.

Well, I am now 22 weeks(5months) along and I had one of my monthly Gigi apt today(Gigi is my obgyn) and she said that everything looks good with our Hudson. Yeah I love it when everything looks good. It is so funny because you think oh I had an apt today and it should be something complex, but really all you do is go and sit in the waiting room for 40 minutes just to be let into the room to sit for another 15-20 min. And this whole apt is simply to take a urine test and measure the protein/glucose levels and to be weighed and to chat with someone who cares about you. Oh yes and we can't forget about the baby's heart beat, they get a reading of that as well. It is so funny to me to think that you have to plan a two-two and a half hour block to do four things that take maybe three minutes in its self.

But then today it dawned on me. As I sat in the room waiting to see Gigi the appointments are here mostly for the mom's to be to be emotionally supported. It is like your OBGYN is you own personal cheerleader there waiting with sweet listening ears just for you. You see I had kind of a rough night last night as all pregnant women do from time to time, except mine lasted through today and ended about 2.5 hours ago. So when I was sitting there blubbering to Gigi like a baby I realized that this was the most important part of having these apts. They are to ensure the emotionally unstable mom to be that she is "normal," and that what she is feeling is ok. I just wish that had was there today to hear her say that I was acting "Normal," and that he had nothing to be afraid of. Besides I will be back to my normal happy self in a few hours. As I am now joyful and bubbly as ever.

Well just thought you should know that all is well over here at the Grave house.
By the way I spoke with Lonya and she said that Kayden is so excited to come see all of us for thanksgiving. In fact he is doing back flips in her stomach. Lonya is now 29weeks along that means that she only has 11weeks until she is suppose to deliver. Yeah for Lonya and Jeremy...
I also heard from Larin(Lesha's brother) in Montana on his mission. He has finally sent me a letter he is very excited to be becoming and Uncle soon...
And Josh(Chad's brother) is doing well in Arkansa he will be home so soon Jan 15th is his release date(my birthday).

No comments: