Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Our Handsome Hudson is here

On Thursday February 14 our Handsome little man was born.  Due to some complications found on Monday I was put on bed-rest and scheduled for more testing to occur on Thursday.  At this point I was prepped for a possible  c-section if my amniotic fluid levels had not recovered.  So sure enough Chad and I went to get the testing done and instead of my fluid level increasing it dramatically decreased.  So off we went to labor and delivery for our emergency c-section.

This is how our journey began.  Now at this point in time I am only 35weeks and 4days pregnant (full gestation is 40 weeks) So if you do the math you would see that our Hudson was 4 weeks and 3 days early.  So after they pulled him out the neonatal team was there ready to examine him, and sure enough he had some breathing issues (his lungs had not quite developed all the way yet.  The Dr. explained it like this.  He said that every time Hudson took a breath it was like he was blowing up a balloon for the first time.   So instead of taking our baby home at my discharge, we had to leave our little man behind.  

Over the past couple of weeks our little man was continuing to grow physically while Chad and I were given the opportunity to grow closer emotionally and spiritually.  It is like the scripture says there must needs be opposition in all things. Well up to that point I had had a perfect pregnancy so our opposition came at the end.  I am grateful for the Savior and for his love and the peace he provides for all of us.  And I am especially grateful to be a mother of a sweet, Handsome baby boy, who is here only because of divine revelation given to me and my wonderful OB and friend Gigi Kroll.





No comments: