Wednesday, October 21, 2009

UCSD Alumni game...

As most of you know, I attended, graduated and played water polo at UC San Diego about 6 years ago. Every year the team hosts two water polo games. This year I finally decided that it would be good to attend.
Chad, Hudson and I all made the trek down to San Diego for the game. It was pretty fun to see so many girls from the team. There wasn't a lot of the girls I had graduated with, but there were quite a few girls I had played with. It was a lot of fun and I am glad I played.

Lesha shooting the ball...
I was pretty impressed to see how some of the older ladies, many of whom had graduated in the 90's, still had it going on. Many of them got in the water and gave the younger girls a run for their money. I guess these were the ladies who won the national championships in the 90's. That is pretty cool, and I was not aware of that. Needless to say, they were pretty hard core. Even just playing the alumni game they were intense. I hope that I will be able to play when I'm in my early forty's.
After the game we met up with Nick and Jenny Wegner. They are our friends from San Diego. Chad used to stay with Nick when he would come down for the weekend while we were dating. It was fun to see them, we haven't seen them in two years. So it was definitely about time to be reunited. They are doing well. Jenny is about five months pregnant, and as you can see from the pictures, she doesn't even look a week pregnant( way to go Jenny)...

3 comments:

Josh, Hayley, and Baby Channing said...

awe!! so fun!

Lambini said...

OH SO CUTE YOU ARE! Jenny looks cute too, so tiny! I can't bare to look at these pictures, b/c it makes me too homesick for friends in CA. I miss you BEESH!

Stephanie said...

How cool that you can go back for an alumni game! That sounds like a cool tradition. I also love all your pictures. You are quite the photographer. Some of those shots of Hudson and his friends are amazing! We're bummed we missed the Irvine park Pumpkin Patch this year. Diego was sick the day we planned to go. I love that place, and he loves the hay maze.