Cayden and Hudson on a bench in Texas
As most of you know, my little sister Lindsy, is going on a mission. She left yesterday and will enter the MTC on Wednesday... So before she left, Linday and I took a trip out to see Lonya. It was such a fun few days. We left on Wednesday and returned on Saturday. It was quick but well worth every penny( or every credit card point used, as it was in this case).
I did learn a few things this trip that I will forever remember, and forever share with all my friends and family. NEVER let someone single or someone who is married with out children be the planner of the flight. They might get you the best deal, but some things are worth paying for. I really can't blame Lindsy, she had no idea that a 4 hour layover with a 20 month old would almost be the death of us. It was miserable being in the terminal all afternoon. We were trapped like a rat in a cage with minimal distractions around. You can only watch so many airplanes land and take off before you start thinking about how to hijack one for your self... But other than the long layover, the trip was wonderful. Hudson was quite the trooper, at least when we were on the plane. The terminal is another story. It is a good thing I had Lindsy to help, she was awesome. I am really going to miss that girl.
It was so much fun to see Lonya, Jeremy and Cayden. There house is beautiful. I wish I could rent a three bedroom house for less than what I pay in rent for my two bedroom apt. Well I guess if I moved out of state I could. I just don't do well with out the support of mine and Chad's parents.. Oh well, I guess everyone has there trials... Wow I sound pretty cynical today sorry. It must be the weather having a harsh effect on my mood. It is dark, cool and gloomy and keeps sprinkling on and off.
One of the days we went to the park and got some pretty cute pictures of the boys and us. I just love family and I wish Lonya lived closer. But she doesn't, and probabally won't no matter how hard I wish she did. They will never move back, so I might as well learn how to make the most of the time that we have together, right? I just love her so much.
Hudson(19.5 months) and Cayden (20.5months)

Hudson does love his mommy
Hudson has just begun to share things spontaneously. It is pretty cute. The other day at church he was offering the kids in front of us some of his snacks and his trains.
I just love this kid. I feel so blessed to have such a beautiful sweet boy. I just love being his mom.
3 comments:
Love the pics and totally agree about the layover!!!
Cute pictures! So Lesha, if we move to Texas will that be enough family to persuade you and Chad to join us?? Then we could all have big nice houses and backyards! Totally worth it.
Look at Hudson's big belly in the last photo! Just want to squeeze him! Glad you got to have some quality sister time in Texas!
Post a Comment