Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Hudson has his own way of learning...

Lets talk a little about Hudson. He is definately the alpha male of the group and when he wants to do something he will do it on his own terms. Having said this i'm going to tell you a how Hudson just decided to spell his name. You see, I have always spelt his name out loud to him when we are coloring, doing chalk and even when we play with his letter puzzles.

Then one day (in December) I decided to ask him how to spell his name. I said "Hudson how do you spell your name?" he looks at me and says "H" then i repeat "H" he says "U" and I repeat until he has spelt his hole name. I was seriously blown away. that night I asked him to spell his name for daddy and he refused(of course why show off when mom wants you to). Over the next few weeks I was able to get him to continue to spell his name for me and other. It was a pretty cool milestone and I hadn't even tried to get him to do it on purpose. Maybe I should do that with his letters and maybe he will learn all those on his own too.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

That is sooooo good!! What a smart boy:) You should definatly try that w/ his letters Leesha.